- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Financial Services / studies
Explore the latest research from the financial services industry. Find out how consumers search and shop online for financial products. From health and travel insurance to online banking and credit cards, Google can help you understand how best to develop your financial digital strategy and achieve your marketing objectives. Access research, case studies and thoughts from financial leaders in the format of your choice.
Understanding Deposits Accounts Researchers
In changing economic conditions, buyer behavior doesn't disappear but it does often change. This collaborative study with Compete shows how deposit account seeking changed in 2009 and found:
- While overall shopping and applicant volume declined, share of online shoppers ...
Understanding Auto Insurance Researchers
40% of auto insurance shoppers researched exclusively online, which means that a significant share of potential buyers may not be exposed to your brand if you don't have an online presence. Learn more online and offline buyer behaviors from ...
Understanding Brokerage Account Researchers
How does search play into brokerage account research? This Compete study finds that:
- 78% of shoppers applied online
- Online shopping effects offline sign-ups: for every 10 shoppers that applied online, 3 additional shoppers applied offline
- Searchers were twice as likely ...
The Evolving Life Insurance Buyer
There's a growing opportunity for marketers to influence the online shopping process of life insurance purchasers. According to a joint study with Harris Interactive, opportunities include:
- People who purchase life insurance online are more likely to buy larger, whole ...
Optimal Media Mix to Drive New Accounts for Scottrade
This Google/MarketShare media mix study investigates the optimal media for financial services firm, Scottrade's customer acquisition.
- Search activity drove 39% of new account openings
- Online display and TV - including the search traffic they drove - were the most effective ...
Digital Financial Advisors
How has the financial planning industry made its way into the digital age? Here are some findings from Google and the Financial Planning Association:
- 94% of financial advisors have used at least one online source to research investments
- One-third used ...