Mobile / studies
Mobile searches have grown 400% since 2010. Marketers now have the ability to connect with consumers whenever and wherever they are. Is your business ready? Check out the latest mobile research, case studies, infographics and thoughts from leaders and get mobile ready now.
With Italy's smartphone penetration now at 28% and 50% of smartphone owners accessing the Internet every day from their device, mobile has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Google partnered with Ipsos OTX Media CT to understand how the growing adoption of smartphones has transformed consumer behavior from media consumption to commerce to connecting with the world around us. These insights can help advertisers understand how to best use smartphones to engage with their customers. Here's what we found:
- Smartphone users are multi-tasking their media with 63% using their phone while doing other things such as watching TV (33%). 90% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 86% take action a result.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 82% having researched a product or service on their device. 25% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
- Mobile ads are noticed by 86% of smartphone users. Smartphones are also a critical component of traditional advertising as 62% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad. Review the full study to understand the business implications and opportunities for marketers.
This research offers unique insights into the usage of internet enabled devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.) as well as internet & broadband penetration and online behaviour per market. The enumeration survey was conducted during Q1 2012 in 40 markets, this is the overview on SEEMEA emerging & mature markets.
- Highest smartphone and tablet usage in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Among the European markets, Spain and France have the highest penetrations.
- In two thirds of the SEEMEA countries, PC penetration is higher than 66%. In half of the markets, Laptops/Notebooks are more popular than desktop pcs.
- Less than 2 thirds of the population use the Internet in 6 SEEMEA markets. Lowest usage in Egypt - with a clear distance to the other markets.
- Mobile networks are most often used to access the Internet on a smartphone followed by Wifi/WLAN at home.
- In Portugal and France Internet enabled TV are used by about one fifth of the population. eReaders are the device with the smallest penetration.