Effectiveness of a GDN Blast for TV
Should an advertiser trying to reach television fans use a traditional portal takeover or a Google Display Network blast? This study with Compete found:
- The GDN reaches over 4x more TV fans than Yahoo's homepage.
- Over 50% of TV ...
Effectiveness of a GDN Blast for Movie Fans
Should an advertiser trying to reach movie fans use a traditional portal takeover or a Google Display Network blast? This study with Compete found:
- 74% of movie fans can be reached through the Google Display Network
- Half of movie fans ...
The Effectiveness of a GDN Blast for Gaming
Should an advertiser trying to reach video game fans use a traditional portal takeover or a Google Display Network blast? This study with Compete found:
- 76% of gamers visit the GDN every day, versus 17% visiting Yahoo.com
- The GDN ...
Holiday 2010: Consumer Intentions
Insights from Google and OTX on what trends emerged during the 2010 holiday shopping season, including:
- 50% of shoppers say they started early to beat the rush
- "Black Friday" searches in 2010 began to rise in July, compared to September ...
Role of Video in the Travel Shopping Process
Travelers seem to be saying - show me, don't tell me. This Compete study found that people who watch travel-related videos are more likely to:
- Have a higher frequency of search referrals to travel sites
- Spend an average of 41 ...
Travel Cruise Consumers: How Online Research Affects Purchase
1 out of 4 people looking for a cruise start their journey online. Other insights from this Compete study include:
- 83% of cruise shoppers indicated that they researched on cruise operator websites
- Shoppers who used a search engine during their ...
Air Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
Online research is taking off for travelers and airlines. More insights from an OTX survey found:
- 1 out of 4 comparison shop with Google
- Comparison shopping for flights is commonplace, even among wealthy travelers
- The majority of travelers check in ...
Cruiser's Road to Decision 2010
98% of cruisers comparison shop on Google before choosing a cruise line. Other insights from this study include:
- 1 in 3 vacationers are undecided on a cruise line and destination they want prior to starting their research
- Carnival remains market ...
Car Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
Nearly half of business travelers research online for car rentals before going on the road. This OTX study also found:
- 95+% of travelers comparison shop, mainly with Google, Expedia, Orbitz & Travelocity
- Enterprise remains market leader; however, affluent travelers favor Hertz
Hotel Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
In 2010, 6% more travelers booked online than in 2009. Consumer research behavior from this OTX survey includes:
- Nearly 3 in 4 affluents book hotels online
- 97% of personal shoppers say they comparison shop to some extent every time
- Google ...
Affluent Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
Affluent travelers are more tech savvy when it comes to booking trips, according to an OTX survey:
- Affluent travelers watch video throughout the travel process and prefer expert videos to user generated
- They're 18% more likely than general travelers ...
Four Truths About Boomers and Media
We've all heard that boomers (age 45-65) are an extraordinarily influential demographic, but just how much? Google utilized Nielsen data and Sterling focus groups to draw some conclusions about their media habits, including:
- They spend more time consuming media ...