Booking Travel Online in Turkey
5.2011 | EMEA
This study will help you understand how travel is booked in Turkey
- The internet is clearly the most important booking channel in the travel vertical regardless of travel product and regardless of trip length (short vs. holiday trip).
- Bookings in the travel vertical are accompanied by an in-depth research process with online sources being most frequently considered in every stage and particularly important for finding offers and supporting the decision-making.
- Online research in the travel vertical has to meet highly differentiated information needs: on average 9 topics are expected to be found on the internet.
- Search engines are the top online source for finding inspiration and interesting destinations for trips. When it comes to the trip preparing and decision research search engines serve as a navigator to relevant sources.
- Presence on search engines with a variety of relevant (generic and branded) terms enables presence in the online research process and subsequently relevance for the online purchase.