Cadbury's Google+ Activity Connects with Over 1.2 Million People
6.2012 | EMEA
One of the aims of Cadbury’s London 2012 programme is to engage with a younger audience of customers aged 18 to 25 years old. With the goals of interacting with this tech-savvy demographic, standing out from other sponsors and extending its reputation for creativity and innovation, Cadbury embraced Google+ in the following ways:
- With every advert or new creative, early in the process Cadbury thinks, ‘How are we going to bring this alive in social media? Is there a way for our fans to become a part of it?’
- Cadbury has been careful to give their followers a reason to come to their Google+ page by sharing exclusive content they can’t find anywhere else. For example, special edition Google+ chocolate bars were made to feature on the page.
- Hangouts let Cadbury connect fans to interesting personalities, from Olympic athletes to chocolate experts. "Hangouts are a really great way to quite literally see people eye to eye."
- Use of social extensions in AdWords, which links Cadbury’s Google+ page to its AdWords campaigns drove a 17% uplift in click-through rate (CTR) across all their AdWords campaigns.
- Installment of the Google+ badge on its homepage drove a consistent 10,000 new Google+ followers per day. Also, since the addition of the badge and code on www.cadbury.co.uk, Cadbury experienced an increase of 7.5% of traffic from Google URLs.