Boomer consumers age 45-65 spend an average of 189 minutes per month across screens, which include TV + Movie + Online Video + Mobile. Compare this boomer consumption to that of Gen X at 159 minutes and Gen Y at 119. Not only do boomers spend a great deal of time in front of media, but they have the appetite to consume it as content. The bigger question is, are marketers tapping into this opportunity?
Four Truths About Boomers and Media
We've all heard that boomers (age 45-65) are an extraordinarily influential demographic, but just how much? Google utilized Nielsen data and Sterling focus groups to draw some conclusions about their media habits, including:
- They spend more time consuming media ...
Inside Look at the Beauty Boomer
As the boomer generation approaches 65, are they seeking ways to look younger or feel healthier? This study of Beauty Boomer decision makers discovered:
- The Web is their top source for purchase decisions
- 63 percent have turned to online search ...
Inside Look at Boomer Healthcare Consumers
As the boomer generation approaches 65, the way in which they research healthcare for themselves and loved ones is proving to be uniquely tech-savvy:
- Boomers are just as active in searching online for healthcare-related information as any other adult demographic ...
Inside Look at Travel Boomer Buffs
From family vacations to early-retirement trips, boomers are heavy travelers. A survey conducted with Nielsen data shows how the Internet is a big part of the research process, including:
- "Boomer travel buffs" are more likely to click on sponsored links ...
Inside Look at Financially Minded Boomers
As the boomer generation approaches 65, they turn to the Web more and more in making finance related decisions. A survey by Google utilized Nielsen data and found:
- Boomers are twice as likely as the average adult to watch finance ...