Engage Your Audience / studies
Consumer online actions say a lot about what consumers feel about a brand. Here’s a little of what we’ve discovered about online consumer brand engagement
With Spain's smartphone penetration now at 44% and 56% of smartphone owners accessing the Internet every day from their device, mobile has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Google partnered with Ipsos OTX Media CT to understand how the growing adoption of smartphones has transformed consumer behavior from media consumption to commerce to connecting with the world around us. These insights can help advertisers understand how to best use smartphones to engage with their customers. Here's what we found:
- Smartphone users are multi-tasking their media with 79% using their phone while doing other things such as watching TV (37%). 88% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 86% take action a result.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 82% having researched a product or service on their device. 24% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
- Mobile ads are noticed by 86% of smartphone users. Smartphones are also a critical component of traditional advertising as 68% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad. Review the full study to understand the business implications and opportunities for marketers.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Spain research new automobile purchases online.
- The most important sources for researching a new car are dealerships, search engines and friends and family.
- The use of online sources has grown significantly since 2009.
- Online videos play an increasingly important role; over half of car buyers use them (and three quarters say they have a positive impact).
- Thanks to the proliferation of smartphones, mobile devices are becoming an important way for car buyers to conduct research.