- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Financial Services / studies
Explore the latest research from the financial services industry. Find out how consumers search and shop online for financial products. From health and travel insurance to online banking and credit cards, Google can help you understand how best to develop your financial digital strategy and achieve your marketing objectives. Access research, case studies and thoughts from financial leaders in the format of your choice.
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase mainly grows in travel and media, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online research grows equally strong amongst online and offline purchasers and is consistent amongst countries and products as well.
- Products of higher value show both more online research and more online purchase than lower value products.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Belgium research and shop online for financial products. We looked at a variety of financial products, including: insurance, savings accounts, credit cards and pensions
- Online research prior to purchase is relevant for all analysed products; however, offline research is still predominant in the finance vertical.
- Advice from consultants at financial providers is a key information source
- 4 out of 10 online researchers start on search in order to navigate to relevant research sources