Increase Offline Sales / studies
Marketers with a brick and mortar presence often want to know the million dollar question - can online media help drive offline sales? Access our insights explaining how consumers research online and purchase offline (ROPO), and how online marketing can lead to more products sold in store.
This study will help you understand the online research, offine purchasing of mobile phones in Poland.
- ROPO effect is evident in the mobile phone market – more than half purchase offline after having researched online and more than two in three conduct research online before purchasing either on or offline .
- One in five contract applications are submitted online – convenience and unrestricted availability are key drivers within this channel.
- However, amongst the other four in five who purchase offline, face to face contact is highly valued.
- Search engines are important tools when it comes to sourcing information – considered as useful as talking to sales staff offline, friends and family.
Based on face-to-face interviews, this study explores the role of the internet in Polish home and garden purchases.
Main findings include:
- Online is a commonly used source throughout the process – significantly ahead of traditional media and store/manufacturer information.
- Search engines are key – used as an information source in its own right, but also the most common means of reaching an online destination.
- Online is used because it is a quick and convenient means of accessing a wide variety of different types of information.