- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Measure & Analyze / studies
It’s not just how you measure, it’s what you measure. Deciding which metrics matter most, to both marketers and their clients, is an ongoing test for marketing professionals.
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase mainly grows in travel and media, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online research grows equally strong amongst online and offline purchasers and is consistent amongst countries and products as well.
- Products of higher value show both more online research and more online purchase than lower value products.
This research offers unique insights into the usage of internet enabled devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.) as well as internet & broadband penetration and online behaviour per market. The enumeration survey was conducted during Q1 2012 in 40 markets, this is the overview on SEEMEA emerging & mature markets.
- Highest smartphone and tablet usage in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Among the European markets, Spain and France have the highest penetrations.
- In two thirds of the SEEMEA countries, PC penetration is higher than 66%. In half of the markets, Laptops/Notebooks are more popular than desktop pcs.
- Less than 2 thirds of the population use the Internet in 6 SEEMEA markets. Lowest usage in Egypt - with a clear distance to the other markets.
- Mobile networks are most often used to access the Internet on a smartphone followed by Wifi/WLAN at home.
- In Portugal and France Internet enabled TV are used by about one fifth of the population. eReaders are the device with the smallest penetration.