Mobile / studies
Mobile searches have grown 400% since 2010. Marketers now have the ability to connect with consumers whenever and wherever they are. Is your business ready? Check out the latest mobile research, case studies, infographics and thoughts from leaders and get mobile ready now.
This research offers unique insights into the usage of internet enabled devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.) as well as internet & broadband penetration and online behaviour. The enumeration survey was conducted during Q1 2012 in 40 markets and this is the overview presentation on 11 Northern and Central Europe (NACE) markets.
- Growing smartphone & tablet penetration in all NACE markets.
- In Norway, Sweden and UK every second adult uses a smartphone.
- In most NACE-countries mobile networks are the most often used channel to go online via smartphone.
- In every market laptops are more common than desktops – Norway has highest laptop share.
- Across all countries (private) internet usage is on a high level. In the Netherlands, Norway and Denmark private usage reaches 90%.
With Austria's smartphone penetration now at 36% and 52% of smartphone owners accessing the Internet every day from their device, mobile has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Google partnered with Ipsos OTX Media CT to understand how the growing adoption of smartphones has transformed consumer behavior from media consumption to commerce to connecting with the world around us. These insights can help advertisers understand how to best use smartphones to engage with their customers. Here's what we found:
- Smartphone users are multi-tasking their media with 78% using their phone while doing other things such as watching TV (52%). 88% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 87% take action a result.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 95% having researched a product or service on their device. 24% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
- Mobile ads are noticed by 79% of smartphone users. Smartphones are also a critical component of traditional advertising as 61% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad. Review the full study to understand the business implications and opportunities for marketers