Optimize Media Mix / studies
How can marketers make their spend as efficient and effective as possible? Smart marketers understand that different media types can play off one another and that users are not interacting with only one media type in a silo. Discover the latest insights to understand how to optimize the mix.
YouTube Audience Measurements
- When it comes to the YouTube users in KSA, 78% and 20% fall into the heavy users and medium users category, respectively. The average age of YouTube users is 33 years old with an average MPI of SAR 8808. In terms of online affinity YouTube users are highly engaged and digitally active – particularly regarding watching online videos, using search engines and social networks.
- Majority of those interacting with the platform are heavy users (i.e. use it using several times a day, once a day or several times a week). Almost all users of YouTube have an extremely favorable opinion about the platform in terms of brand perception as well a functionality.
- In terms of activities done on the platform, watching videos is the main feature used followed by selecting the ‘most seen’ videos. Around third of the users share videos with others or upload videos online.
- Almost half of the YouTube users remember having seen ads, with the highest recall for in-video advertising and ad banner at the top of the website. Interestingly, majority of the users have either clicked on the ad immediately or visited / searched for information post their visit to YT – thus indicating a positive impact of advertising on the platform.
- Almost half of the respondents found video ads on YouTube to be interesting, fit to YouTube, and something new that gives good information. Also, only few people considered these ads to be disrupting or annoying.