- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Reach Target Consumers / studies
Marketers need to know how to balance scale with precision – how to get in front of as many of the right customers as possible while still making effective use of their marketing dollars.
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase mainly grows in travel and media, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online research grows equally strong amongst online and offline purchasers and is consistent amongst countries and products as well.
- Products of higher value show both more online research and more online purchase than lower value products.
With Finland's smartphone penetration now at 38% and 55% of smartphone owners accessing the Internet every day from their device, mobile has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Google partnered with Ipsos OTX Media CT to understand how the growing adoption of smartphones has transformed consumer behavior from media consumption to commerce to connecting with the world around us. These insights can help advertisers understand how to best use smartphones to engage with their customers. Here's what we found:
- Smartphone users are multi-tasking their media with 75% using their phone while doing other things such as watching TV (44%). 90% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 87% take action a result.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 73% having researched a product or service on their device. 23% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
- Mobile ads are noticed by 91% of smartphone users. Smartphones are also a critical component of traditional advertising as 62% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad. Review the full study to understand the business implications and opportunities for marketers.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Finland research and shop online. We have looked at behaviour when researching and buying a range of products from furniture to sport equipment, to clothes and TVs.
Online shopping is an established purchase method among Finnish internet users: overall two thirds of the people online buy regularly on the internet.
Interest in online shopping is not limited to special verticals but various product categories are bought on the internet.
Search engines serve as a key navigator in the online shopping process and are the dominant source for discovering new online shops.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Finland research and purchase travel online.
- Online research in the travel vertical has to meet highly differentiated information needs: on average 8 topics are expected to be found on the internet.
- Search engines are the top online source for finding inspiration and interesting destinations for trips.
- When it comes to the trip preparing and decision research search engines serve as a crucial navigator to relevant sources.