- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Reach Target Consumers / studies
Marketers need to know how to balance scale with precision – how to get in front of as many of the right customers as possible while still making effective use of their marketing dollars.
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase mainly grows in travel and media, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online research grows equally strong amongst online and offline purchasers and is consistent amongst countries and products as well.
- Products of higher value show both more online research and more online purchase than lower value products.
With Italy's smartphone penetration now at 28% and 50% of smartphone owners accessing the Internet every day from their device, mobile has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Google partnered with Ipsos OTX Media CT to understand how the growing adoption of smartphones has transformed consumer behavior from media consumption to commerce to connecting with the world around us. These insights can help advertisers understand how to best use smartphones to engage with their customers. Here's what we found:
- Smartphone users are multi-tasking their media with 63% using their phone while doing other things such as watching TV (33%). 90% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 86% take action a result.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 82% having researched a product or service on their device. 25% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
- Mobile ads are noticed by 86% of smartphone users. Smartphones are also a critical component of traditional advertising as 62% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad. Review the full study to understand the business implications and opportunities for marketers.