- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Retail / studies
Access the latest research and thoughts from leaders in the retail space. Whether your business is focused on in-store sales or online eCommerce, we provide multi-channel insights and case studies to help you evolve your retail strategy and connect with consumers in the moments that matter.
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase mainly grows in travel and media, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online research grows equally strong amongst online and offline purchasers and is consistent amongst countries and products as well.
- Products of higher value show both more online research and more online purchase than lower value products.
Google worked with Diesel to understand the effectiveness and efficiency of their multimedia ad campaign for Loverdose. Key findings included:
- YouTube reached 23% of general campaign target and added over 3% reach to the TV campaign. 45% of YouTube exposed had less than 5 TV contacts.
- The combination of TV+YouTube was most effective in raising awareness and gift intent of Diesel Loverdose.
- Adding YouTube made the campaign more cost effective in obtaining this reach and effect: TV only would have required 16% additional investment to get the same reach as TV+YouTube.
Google partnered with Decathlon to understand the effectiveness of their multimedia ad campaign for Kipsta underwear. Key findings included:
- The campaign raised awareness, recommendation, overall opinion and consideration (among men and older target) for Kipsta. It has also improved Decathlon image and intent to buy.
- YouTube and GDN total reach was 36%: 34% was impacted two times or fewer on TV.
- TV only would have required a 28% additional TV investment to get to the same reach as the combination of TV and YouTube+GDN.
Google and L'Oreal worked together to understand the effectiveness of their multimedia ElVive ad campaign. Key findings included:
- YouTube added 3% discrete reach over TV.
- 36% of those exposed to YouTube and GDN had less than 3 TV contacts.