Retail / studies
Access the latest research and thoughts from leaders in the retail space. Whether your business is focused on in-store sales or online eCommerce, we provide multi-channel insights and case studies to help you evolve your retail strategy and connect with consumers in the moments that matter.
Holiday 2010: Consumer Intentions
Insights from Google and OTX on what trends emerged during the 2010 holiday shopping season, including:
- 50% of shoppers say they started early to beat the rush
- "Black Friday" searches in 2010 began to rise in July, compared to September ...
The Smart Shopper
According to a survey by Google/Ipsos/OTX, in addition to in-store components the shopping experience for millions of people now includes online and mobile elements. Among the survey's findings:
- The Internet is a top source for shopping information ...
Digital Back to School Shopper
A survey with OTX found that 55% of American consumers will go back-to-school shopping this year. Of those shopping:
- 49% plan to shop both online & in-store
- A majority of them will begin purchasing in July, with 41% of them buying ...
The Role of Search in the Tech and Home Entertainment Market
The objective of this study is to map the role of search in the purchasing process of Italian tech and home entertainment products.
- The results show that search is an important part of the customer journey, with over ...
PC City Increases Revenue 6% by Reallocating its Media Mix
PC City – the European computer superstore – increased sales 6% without any additional media expenditure by optimizing its offline and online marketing mix. Google asked DSG International to analyze this accomplishment. We found:
- Optimizing the offline/online media mix increased sales ...
The Role of Search in Spanish Apparel Purchase Journey
This study maps the role of seach in purchasing of apparel in the Spanish retail market
- There are 9.9 million people in the Spanish retail (apparel) market.
- Search is an important part of the customer journey. 3 ...
Offline Shoppers who Research Online Spend More
Fnac, a leading electronics retailer in Spain, wanted to know how the Internet was affecting the TV purchasing decisions of its in-store shoppers. Google asked Nielsen to help us analyze these shoppers' online behavior. We found:
- 52% of in-store TV ...
Role of Online Advertising in Carrefour's PC Sales
The objective of this study was to gain an understanding of what drives Carrefour PC sales in France and analyse the impact of Carrefour's media investment, with a particular focus on online activity. Key findings
1 in 4 of ...
Winning the 2010 World Cup in the Digital Space
In the summer of 2010, Adidas had the key objective to "win the World Cup‟ in core digital channels that were heavily consumed by the target audience, and to become the most talked about sports brand of the 2010 World ...
El Corte Ingles Multimedia Campaign Effectiveness
Spain's largest department store chain invested in YouTube and experienced these results:
- YouTube delivers incremental net reach over TV
- YouTube was highly effective in delivering against brand KPIs
- YouTube and TV work better together
The Apparel Purchasing Process in the UK Online Retail Market
Clothes shoppers are spending more time–and making more purchases–online. Google and Nielsen explored the role of search in the online apparel purchase process in the retail market of the United Kingdom. We found:
- 57% of apparel shoppers use ...