Social / studies
Social marketing is permeating our everyday, giving rise to new forms of marketing based on direct consumer engagement. Here’s some recent social marketing insights:
- Chris Mann of 1-800 Flowers shares his thoughts in a video on how social marketing allows advertisers to maintain and enhance relationships with their customers.
- Google is the leading word-of-mouth conversation starter, and directly informs 146 million brand conversations every day. (Word of Mouth Study)
How Your Brand's Marketing Efforts Should Evolve for the New Social Customer Lifecycle
Social media has made the classic marketing/sales funnel obsolete. Viral referrals and customer evangelism now play a major role in purchase decisions, so savvy marketers need to engage consumers where it really makes a difference. In this report, Wildfire ...
Zoro Tools Increases Reach and Lowers Cost-per-Acquisition with Product Listing Ads
Zoro Tools, an online supplier of over 250,000 industrial products, had limited resources and a massive product assortment. They had been using Adwords all along, but was intrigued with Google Product Listing Ads (PLA) because it allowed them to ...
How Superbrands Breed Superfans
On average, only 17% of fans share a brand's campaign with friends and family. But top-performing social brands get 39% of their fans to share their campaigns. Social Superbrands excel at turning fans into sharers and advocates. Wildfire analyzed ...
The Footwear Path to Purchase and How Shoppers Search
Almost 20% of total footwear sales are online. We asked Compete to help us track how footwear shoppers navigate the path to purchase, including how they search and found:
- 43% of shoe shoppers use search throughout purchase process
- There are ...
Cadbury's Google+ Activity Connects with Over 1.2 Million People
One of the aims of Cadbury’s London 2012 programme is to engage with a younger audience of customers aged 18 to 25 years old. With the goals of interacting with this tech-savvy demographic, standing out from other sponsors and ...
H&M Uses Google+ to Deliver Engaging Exclusive Content
H&M uses Google+ to connect with over 940,000 users and deliver engaging exclusive content. Miriam Tappert, Global Social Media Manager at H&M, explains that the objectives for setting up the brand’s Google+ page were simple: “To ...
Digital Women in UK and DE
Google commissioned GfK to help understand women aged 25-50 who buy CPG products for their household. Key findings included:
- 88% of British women use the internet and search online.
- 60% of UK women have searched online within the CPG category ...
The Role of Online in Hungarian Travel Purchases
This study will help you understand the role of the internet in Hungarian travel purchases.
- 84% of Hungarian onliners conducted a trip in the past 12 months. Most trips are rather short (up to 5 days.)
- When going ...