- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Travel / studies
We've brought together the latest insights from the travel sector, including case studies and thoughts from leaders to help you develop your travel digital strategy. Dive deep into insights around how consumers decide on airlines, hotels, car rentals and cruises for their travel needs.
Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
An OTX survey shows that the internet is the most powerful tool in prompting people to actually book a trip. More findings include:
- Over half of business and personal travelers interact with online travel videos while travel planning
- 25% of ...
Brand Effect of TrueView vs. Preroll
This study provides a metanalysis of 18 True View brand uplift campaigns. The TrueView format allows users to skip ads, whereas with prerolls advertisers only pay per completed view based on an auction system (fixed CPM).
- Overall brand ...
Growth in Online Shopping 2010 to 2012
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase ...
Evaluating the Effectiveness of YouTube
This study aims at evaluating the effectiveness of a variety of advertising platforms and formats in the Netherlands.
- The richer format afforded by video platforms means ads have a greater impact than on news or social media sites ...
Consumer Journey for Travel Products with Thomas Cook
Google and Thomas Cook worked together to investigate how consumers in the Netherlands book travel their holidays.
- 71% of the holidays are booked online.
- 94% of all holiday buyers do online research before purchase.
- 86% of all offline ...
Measuring the ROI of Pre Roll in Media Mix: UK
This study will help you understand more about the ROI of pre-roll ads in the media mix.
- Although TV reach is higher, the YouTube pre-roll adds 10% incremental reach
- The pre-roll campaign, particularly when combined with TV campaign ...
Booking Travel Online in the Czech Republic
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in the Czech Republic research and book travel online.
- The internet is an established booking channel for travel activities
- Bookings in the travel vertical are accompanied by an ...
Analysis of Finance, Insurance and Travel verticals in Ireland
This study analyzes the finance, travel and insurance verticals in Ireland.
- On average, international companies with local Irish online shops earn the highest amount of online spendings.
- Online payment with credit and laser cards are the most relevant ...
The Role of Online in Hungarian Travel Purchases
This study will help you understand the role of the internet in Hungarian travel purchases.
- 84% of Hungarian onliners conducted a trip in the past 12 months. Most trips are rather short (up to 5 days.)
- When going ...
Influencing Offline, The New Digital Frontier
This white paper looks at the impact of online research on offline sales. Four out of ten people prefer to research online before purchasing offline (ROPO). This seven page paper will help you understand what impact ROPO is having on ...
Booking Travel Online in Greece
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Greece research and book travel online. This study includes insights on Greeks' research and booking behaviour as well as their preferred booking channels.
The internet is an ...