Travel / studies
We've brought together the latest insights from the travel sector, including case studies and thoughts from leaders to help you develop your travel digital strategy. Dive deep into insights around how consumers decide on airlines, hotels, car rentals and cruises for their travel needs.
Refining the Travel Search Process
Interested in marketing to potential travelers? This clickstream study from Compete examined just how people search before purchasing their travel components and found that:
- In 2009, travelers did more research over a longer period of time than in previous years ...
Affluent Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
A look at how affluent travelers ($150,000+ in household income) gather information before travel, from cruises to road trips. Among the findings by OTX and Google:
- 57% of affluent travelers say they're spending more time in the research ...
Hotel Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
With so many online resources for both researching and booking hotels online, what are business and leisure travelers really doing? This survey conducted by OTX found:
- Personal travelers are more likely than business travelers (72% vs. 61%) to comparison-shop online ...
Airline Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
Inside the research process of airline booking for both business and leisure travelers. This survey by Google and OTX found:
- Nearly a quarter of business travelers use Google to compare ticket prices
- Over 70% of both business and personal travelers ...
Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
An OTX survey shows that the internet is the most powerful tool in prompting people to actually book a trip. More findings include:
- Over half of business and personal travelers interact with online travel videos while travel planning
- 25% of ...