- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Travel / studies
We've brought together the latest insights from the travel sector, including case studies and thoughts from leaders to help you develop your travel digital strategy. Dive deep into insights around how consumers decide on airlines, hotels, car rentals and cruises for their travel needs.
Car Traveler's Road to Decision 2012
Two-thirds of all travelers book rental cars online, twice the rate of offline booking. Google and Ipsos studied leisure, business and affluent travelers to understand how they research the car rental booking process. Here's what we found:
- 1 in ...
The Air Traveler's Road to Decision 2012
More than 95% of travelers comparison shop for airline tickets online. Google and Ipsos looked across leisure, business and affluent travelers to understand how consumers make up their minds when booking airline travel. Here's what we found:
- Air travelers ...
Brand Effect of TrueView vs. Preroll
This study provides a metanalysis of 18 True View brand uplift campaigns. The TrueView format allows users to skip ads, whereas with prerolls advertisers only pay per completed view based on an auction system (fixed CPM).
- Overall brand ...
Growth in Online Shopping 2010 to 2012
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase ...
Evaluating the Effectiveness of YouTube
This study aims at evaluating the effectiveness of a variety of advertising platforms and formats in the Netherlands.
- The richer format afforded by video platforms means ads have a greater impact than on news or social media sites ...
Consumer Journey for Travel Products with Thomas Cook
Google and Thomas Cook worked together to investigate how consumers in the Netherlands book travel their holidays.
- 71% of the holidays are booked online.
- 94% of all holiday buyers do online research before purchase.
- 86% of all offline ...
Measuring the ROI of Pre Roll in Media Mix: UK
This study will help you understand more about the ROI of pre-roll ads in the media mix.
- Although TV reach is higher, the YouTube pre-roll adds 10% incremental reach
- The pre-roll campaign, particularly when combined with TV campaign ...
Booking Travel Online in the Czech Republic
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in the Czech Republic research and book travel online.
- The internet is an established booking channel for travel activities
- Bookings in the travel vertical are accompanied by an ...
Analysis of Finance, Insurance and Travel verticals in Ireland
This study analyzes the finance, travel and insurance verticals in Ireland.
- On average, international companies with local Irish online shops earn the highest amount of online spendings.
- Online payment with credit and laser cards are the most relevant ...