- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Understand Consumer Behavior / studies
It’s an adage as old as the advertising industry itself: know your customer. Digital media gives marketing professionals extraordinary new tools for acquiring detailed information about and reaching consumers. But the proliferation of new media also raises our curiosity. What are consumers’ general media habits like? How do they toggle between online and offline? Is your customer more impulsive or thoughtful?
Here at Think Insights with Google, we're curious about all these human behaviors too. Lucky for you, we've done all the heavy lifting. You can find something about your consumer here, across virtually every media platform and most major industries. So go ahead, get to know your customer.
Four Truths About Moms and Search
Moms are more influential than ever in the home and online. This OTX/BabyCenter study found these insights about the modern mom:
- 80% of them have searched on product after seeing it on TV
- They're searching with longer phrases ...
Refining the Travel Search Process
Interested in marketing to potential travelers? This clickstream study from Compete examined just how people search before purchasing their travel components and found that:
- In 2009, travelers did more research over a longer period of time than in previous years ...
B2B Marketing Outlook for 2010
B2B marketers are entering into a continually shifting economy. This OTX study focuses on what B2B marketers will focus in 2010 to adjust for constant change, such as:
- Increase digital marketing share of marketing spend
- Seeing the benefits in investing ...
Connecting with Physicians Online: Searching for Answers
Physicians are often turned to as the experts, so how often do they turn to the internet for help? We explored how physicians perceive and use search during their practice. Results showed:
- 86% of physicians have used the Internet to ...
Home Improvement Purchase Funnel
A survey with OTX found that consumers spend more time than ever researching online for home improvement purchases. Other insights include:
- Consumers spend almost as much time researching as they do on the project Itself
- A majority of them research ...
Digital Lessons from Holiday 2009
What trends were uncovered in the 2009 holiday season? This OTX analysis shows:
- Substantial increase in searches on Black Friday (20%) and Cyber Monday (60%)
- Conversions driven by Google search increased 8% YoY
- 64% of shoppers continued to shop after ...
Online Behaviors of Treatment Center Researchers
Finding treatment center options for addictions and eating disorders is an extremely personal process, and consumers are turning online to find the best choices for themselves and their loved ones. This study conducted by Google and OTX found:
- Half of ...
Impact of Online Behavior on Hospital Choice 2009
How does online behavior effect hospital selection? This study by OTX says that:
- Talking to people and searching online are the most used source of information on hospitals
- 62% of those making a choice about hospitals use search engines to ...