- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Understand Consumer Behavior / studies
It’s an adage as old as the advertising industry itself: know your customer. Digital media gives marketing professionals extraordinary new tools for acquiring detailed information about and reaching consumers. But the proliferation of new media also raises our curiosity. What are consumers’ general media habits like? How do they toggle between online and offline? Is your customer more impulsive or thoughtful?
Here at Think Insights with Google, we're curious about all these human behaviors too. Lucky for you, we've done all the heavy lifting. You can find something about your consumer here, across virtually every media platform and most major industries. So go ahead, get to know your customer.
Understanding Personal Care Purchasers
When surveying how personal care purchasers use online information to buy products, we found that:
- Online purchasers prefer the ease and convenience of home delivery
- 93% of personal care purchasers buy within a week of starting their product research
Understanding Prestige Cosmetics/Skincare Purchasers
Insights on prestige cosmetics and skincare purchasers from a survey conducted with Compete include:
- 34% of prestige cosmetics/skincare shoppers purchase online, twice the rate of beauty purchasers in general
- 8 out of 10 purchasers who conduct research do not ...
Understanding Mass Cosmetics/Skincare Purchasers
After surveying how mass cosmetics/skincare purchasers use online information to buy products, we found several opportunities for marketers to take action on including:
- 84% of purchasers who conduct research do not know exactly which mass cosmetics/skincare they intend ...
Insights into Small Business Owners
94% of small business owners use the web to find information related to their business. A survey study with Slack Barshinger investigated how this web-savvy segment uses online resources to run their businesses and found:
- 59% of small business owners ...
The Evolving Life Insurance Buyer
There's a growing opportunity for marketers to influence the online shopping process of life insurance purchasers. According to a joint study with Harris Interactive, opportunities include:
- People who purchase life insurance online are more likely to buy larger, whole ...
Google and Compete used 3 day online bulletin boards to understand the role of search in the retail path to purchase and found that:
- Search driven referrals increased dramatically year over year, up 45% in sporting goods
- Conversion rate growth ...
Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
An OTX survey shows that the internet is the most powerful tool in prompting people to actually book a trip. More findings include:
- Over half of business and personal travelers interact with online travel videos while travel planning
- 25% of ...
Insights into Energy & Environmental Policy Influencers
A Slack Barshinger study found that 100% of energy and environmental policy influencers do their research online. Other insights into their research behaviors include:
- Although the web is the most valued resource they don't visit social media sites
- Influencers ...
Digital Financial Advisors
How has the financial planning industry made its way into the digital age? Here are some findings from Google and the Financial Planning Association:
- 94% of financial advisors have used at least one online source to research investments
- One-third used ...
The Online Research and Conversion Process for Education Aggregators
Search usually works to drive conversions for post-secondary education sites, but where does it fit into the research process, and how does it compare to portals? Results from a Compete study found:
- Google search accounted for three out of four ...
How Consumers Shop for Jewelry
A look at online jewelry purchasing habits through a survey conducted by Google and OTX. Among the findings:
- Online jewelry shoppers are most likely to shop from online-only retailers, not the digital outlets of offline retailers
- Jewelry shoppers are slightly ...