Understand Consumer Behavior / studies
It’s an adage as old as the advertising industry itself: know your customer. Digital media gives marketing professionals extraordinary new tools for acquiring detailed information about and reaching consumers. But the proliferation of new media also raises our curiosity. What are consumers’ general media habits like? How do they toggle between online and offline? Is your customer more impulsive or thoughtful?
Here at Think Insights with Google, we're curious about all these human behaviors too. Lucky for you, we've done all the heavy lifting. You can find something about your consumer here, across virtually every media platform and most major industries. So go ahead, get to know your customer.
B2B Trends in Mobile and Online Video
Nothing has more access to the C-suite than a mobile phone. Google and Forbes Insights teamed up for a study on how mobile technologies are impacting the way executives are doing business. Results include:
- The C-suite averages at least four ...
Automotive Aftermarket Study 2010
More people are turning to the internet to research automotive parts, tires, services and accessories (PTSA) in order to "kick the tires" before purchasing. We specifically explored the role of Search in the purchasing process and found:
- Service sites had ...
Travel Hotel Consumers: How Online Research Affects Bookings
A look at how travelers use online and offline resources to book hotels. A Compete survey found:
- Half of all hotel researchers indicated researching exclusively online
- Price was the leading reason for why consumers booked on a specific hotel website ...
Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
As more Americans plan to travel, their use of the internet for travel-related research grows as well. A Google/OTX study gives insight into how travel shopping behaviors have evolved since past years, including:
- In 2010, there is a focus ...
Four Truths About US Hispanic Consumers
Inside the digital habits of U.S. Hispanic consumers. This study by Google and OTX found:
- 86% of online Hispanics are broadband users
- 78% of Hispanics have used a search engine to learn more about something they saw on TV ...
Holiday 2010: Consumer Intentions
Insights from Google and OTX on what trends emerged during the 2010 holiday shopping season, including:
- 50% of shoppers say they started early to beat the rush
- "Black Friday" searches in 2010 began to rise in July, compared to September ...
Role of Video in the Travel Shopping Process
Travelers seem to be saying - show me, don't tell me. This Compete study found that people who watch travel-related videos are more likely to:
- Have a higher frequency of search referrals to travel sites
- Spend an average of 41 ...
Travel Cruise Consumers: How Online Research Affects Purchase
1 out of 4 people looking for a cruise start their journey online. Other insights from this Compete study include:
- 83% of cruise shoppers indicated that they researched on cruise operator websites
- Shoppers who used a search engine during their ...
Air Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
Online research is taking off for travelers and airlines. More insights from an OTX survey found:
- 1 out of 4 comparison shop with Google
- Comparison shopping for flights is commonplace, even among wealthy travelers
- The majority of travelers check in ...
Cruiser's Road to Decision 2010
98% of cruisers comparison shop on Google before choosing a cruise line. Other insights from this study include:
- 1 in 3 vacationers are undecided on a cruise line and destination they want prior to starting their research
- Carnival remains market ...
Car Traveler's Road to Decision 2010
Nearly half of business travelers research online for car rentals before going on the road. This OTX study also found:
- 95+% of travelers comparison shop, mainly with Google, Expedia, Orbitz & Travelocity
- Enterprise remains market leader; however, affluent travelers favor Hertz