Cross Media / studies
How do offline and online marketing efforts work best together? That’s a critical question today for marketers who need to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of their campaigns.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Egypt use YouTube.
44% of Egypt’s internet users are using YouTube on a daily basis and 97% of them have a positive opinion about it.
Aside from watching videos, 55% of users also actively upload videos, 17% create playlists and 15% write textual comments .
This research offers unique insights into the usage of internet enabled devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.) as well as internet & broadband penetration and online behaviour per market. The enumeration survey was conducted during Q1 2012 in 40 markets, this is the overview on SEEMEA emerging & mature markets.
- Highest smartphone and tablet usage in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Among the European markets, Spain and France have the highest penetrations.
- In two thirds of the SEEMEA countries, PC penetration is higher than 66%. In half of the markets, Laptops/Notebooks are more popular than desktop pcs.
- Less than 2 thirds of the population use the Internet in 6 SEEMEA markets. Lowest usage in Egypt - with a clear distance to the other markets.
- Mobile networks are most often used to access the Internet on a smartphone followed by Wifi/WLAN at home.
- In Portugal and France Internet enabled TV are used by about one fifth of the population. eReaders are the device with the smallest penetration.