This study will help you understand more about the YouTube audience in Ireland.
- YouTube is the leading website for online video sites in Ireland: it is in an excellent position in terms of awareness and usage and is seen as a likable site.
- YouTube users are highly engaged and digitally active.
- YouTube ads evoke action: Clicking on the ad to get to the advertisers’ website or visiting the advertisers’ website later are the most likely actions followed by an ad contact on YouTube.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Ireland research and shop online. We've looked at behaviour when researching and buying a range of products from furniture and domestic appliances, to clothes and sport equipment.
- Offline shopping is still the prevailing purchase method in the retail categories under analysis.
- Online research drives offline sales: online research prior to offline purchase is very popular across all analysed product categories (ROPO effect).
- In the online research process search is by far the dominant tool for starting and intensifying product research, regardless of category.