Role of Search on Beauty Product Shopping
Marketing to beauty shoppers online has become more and more competitive. This Google/Compete study found some valuable insight into the online beauty consumer, including:
- Consumer visits to online beauty sites grew 94% in two years
- 56% of beauty shoppers ...
Understanding Fragrance Purchasers
Potential fragrance buyers can't smell perfumes and colognes online, so how do you market to them on the internet? A Google/Complete study found these helpful insights:
- 23% of fragrance shoppers purchase online, 43% higher than the rate of ...
Understanding Personal Care Purchasers
When surveying how personal care purchasers use online information to buy products, we found that:
- Online purchasers prefer the ease and convenience of home delivery
- 93% of personal care purchasers buy within a week of starting their product research
Understanding Prestige Cosmetics/Skincare Purchasers
Insights on prestige cosmetics and skincare purchasers from a survey conducted with Compete include:
- 34% of prestige cosmetics/skincare shoppers purchase online, twice the rate of beauty purchasers in general
- 8 out of 10 purchasers who conduct research do not ...
Understanding Mass Cosmetics/Skincare Purchasers
After surveying how mass cosmetics/skincare purchasers use online information to buy products, we found several opportunities for marketers to take action on including:
- 84% of purchasers who conduct research do not know exactly which mass cosmetics/skincare they intend ...
Insights into Small Business Owners
94% of small business owners use the web to find information related to their business. A survey study with Slack Barshinger investigated how this web-savvy segment uses online resources to run their businesses and found:
- 59% of small business owners ...
The Evolving Life Insurance Buyer
There's a growing opportunity for marketers to influence the online shopping process of life insurance purchasers. According to a joint study with Harris Interactive, opportunities include:
- People who purchase life insurance online are more likely to buy larger, whole ...
Google and Compete used 3 day online bulletin boards to understand the role of search in the retail path to purchase and found that:
- Search driven referrals increased dramatically year over year, up 45% in sporting goods
- Conversion rate growth ...
Optimal Media Mix to Drive New Accounts for Scottrade
This Google/MarketShare media mix study investigates the optimal media for financial services firm, Scottrade's customer acquisition.
- Search activity drove 39% of new account openings
- Online display and TV - including the search traffic they drove - were the most effective ...
Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
An OTX survey shows that the internet is the most powerful tool in prompting people to actually book a trip. More findings include:
- Over half of business and personal travelers interact with online travel videos while travel planning
- 25% of ...
Insights into Energy & Environmental Policy Influencers
A Slack Barshinger study found that 100% of energy and environmental policy influencers do their research online. Other insights into their research behaviors include:
- Although the web is the most valued resource they don't visit social media sites
- Influencers ...
Digital Financial Advisors
How has the financial planning industry made its way into the digital age? Here are some findings from Google and the Financial Planning Association:
- 94% of financial advisors have used at least one online source to research investments
- One-third used ...