Cross Media / studies
How do offline and online marketing efforts work best together? That’s a critical question today for marketers who need to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of their campaigns.
Inside Look at Boomer Healthcare Consumers
As the boomer generation approaches 65, the way in which they research healthcare for themselves and loved ones is proving to be uniquely tech-savvy:
- Boomers are just as active in searching online for healthcare-related information as any other adult demographic ...
Inside Look at Travel Boomer Buffs
From family vacations to early-retirement trips, boomers are heavy travelers. A survey conducted with Nielsen data shows how the Internet is a big part of the research process, including:
- "Boomer travel buffs" are more likely to click on sponsored links ...
Inside Look at Financially Minded Boomers
As the boomer generation approaches 65, they turn to the Web more and more in making finance related decisions. A survey by Google utilized Nielsen data and found:
- Boomers are twice as likely as the average adult to watch finance ...
Automotive Buy Flow Study 2010
Although demand and purchase intent for cars were down in 2009, the internet played a surprisingly positive role the following year. A few highlights from this Compete & R.L. Polk & Co study include:
- Consumers are spending more time researching before ...
Optimal Media Mix to Drive Scripts (Rx)
A global pharmaceutical sought to quantify the impact of digital channels on Rx scripts. MSP helped them find that:
- a 73% increase in online allocation and 54% decrease in TV allocation resulted in a 50% increase in prescriptions
- Indirect effects ...
Optimal Media Mix to Drive New Accounts for Scottrade
This Google/MarketShare media mix study investigates the optimal media for financial services firm, Scottrade's customer acquisition.
- Search activity drove 39% of new account openings
- Online display and TV - including the search traffic they drove - were the most effective ...
Traveler's Road to Decision 2009
An OTX survey shows that the internet is the most powerful tool in prompting people to actually book a trip. More findings include:
- Over half of business and personal travelers interact with online travel videos while travel planning
- 25% of ...
Understanding Incremental Reach: Banco Popular
This research shows how GDN can optimize TV campaigns not only in terms of reach generation but also by creating a better balanced OTS distribution and increasing media planning efficiency.
- GDN campaign reached 52,1% of target and ...
The Multi-Screen Olympics
UK Olympics multi-screen consumer insights on media consumption and multi-screening across TV, mobile, tablet and computers during the Olympics in the UK from several pieces of primary research conducted by Google.
- On any given day 1 in 3 ...
Ad Effectiveness and Incremental Reach (Italy)
Television is traditionally the starting point for any media campaign looking to reach as wide an audience as possible. But digital has a role to play, too, providing a measurable incremental reach compared to traditional media alone. In a recent ...
The optimal budget allocation of TV vs. YouTube
As more and more consumers get online, brands need to shift campaign focus from traditional to digital media. Research shows that TV viewing time is not equally distributed, so TV advertising does not always reach the target audience at the ...