PC City – the European computer superstore – increased sales 6% without any additional media expenditure by optimizing its offline and online marketing mix. Google asked DSG International to analyze this accomplishment. We found:
- Optimizing the offline/online media mix increased sales by 6%
- Every Euro invested in paid search delivered €27.48 in offline revenue and €4.68 in online revenue
- 16% of total PC City revenue is exclusively web-driven
This study maps the role of seach in purchasing of apparel in the Spanish retail market
- There are 9.9 million people in the Spanish retail (apparel) market.
- Search is an important part of the customer journey. 3.5m or 36% use search throughout their journey.
- Those who purchase are more likely to use search – over half use search as part of their journey.
- Shoppers using search are 1.6 times more likely to make a purchase than those who do not.
- Generic search terms used by nearly a third of all those getting a quote or purchasing.
Fnac, a leading electronics retailer in Spain, wanted to know how the Internet was affecting the TV purchasing decisions of its in-store shoppers. Google asked Nielsen to help us analyze these shoppers' online behavior. We found:
- 52% of in-store TV purchasers researched their purchase online before buying
- Consumers who researched online before buying spent 33% more on average
- Wanting to see the physical product was the biggest reason for not completing purchase online
This study looks at marketing ROI in the Spanish insurance market. The study aims to identify the key marketing drivers that generate new applications, and to quantify the effectiveness and efficiency of these drivers. The study used a variety of sources, including: internal data from Direct Seguros, Google search data and economic indices.
The key findings are:
- Organic search and paid search play key roles in driving online applications.
- Online comprehensively outperforms both direct marketing and TV advertising in terms of its delivery of ROI
- Search is the main driver of web traffic.
Spain's largest department store chain invested in YouTube and experienced these results:
- YouTube delivers incremental net reach over TV
- YouTube was highly effective in delivering against brand KPIs
- YouTube and TV work better together