- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
As consumers increasingly turn to their mobile phones, it is critical for businesses to understand the range of "mobile conversions" that can occur such as phone calls, store visits, or purchases on other devices. In partnership with Nielsen, Google analyzed over 6000 mobile searches and the actions that resulted, drawing precise and measurable connections between mobile searches and the online and offline conversions that they drive.
Rick Case Honda partnered with Car-mercial.com to produce YouTube TrueView in-stream ads encouraging vehicle trade-ins. After launching the ads, the dealership doubled the number of trade-ins from a competing make from 10 per month to 20 per month. Rick Case Honda was now earning an incremental $50,000+ for online videos that cost $0.20 - $0.30 per view. Monthly unique site visitors also increased by over 18%.
Chevrolet launched a series of YouTube videos for the Chevy Sonic "Firsts" campaign, supported by a full suite of YouTube Google ads. They saw a net increase in subscribers on their YouTube channel, as well as increased brand lift and consideration. The Sonic also became the best-selling sub-compact car in the US.
- Campaign was supported with TrueView ads, standard in-stream, YouTube homepage masthead, YouTube mobile roadblock, and the Google Display Network
- Increased brand lift and consideration within the target audience; Chevy Sonic became the best-selling sub-compact car in the US
- Positive net change in subscribers on YouTube channel, one of the biggest increases in months
- Chevy Sonic "Skydive"; video targeted against Red Bull's Stratos led to 9.7 million impressions, over 80,000 clicks, and a 93% standard in-stream video completion rate
Public interest in the Super Bowl begins towards the end of December, lasting over a month. As pre-game anticipation builds, people are seeking out Super Bowl commercials earlier. YouTube not only helps people to find Super Bowl ads, it allows millions to re-watch and share these ads after the game
Digital is changing the habits of auto shoppers, turning pre-market, in-market, and post-market phases into a cycle of constant consideration in which brand influence can be won or lost at any point. Though 63 percent of consumers enter the market with a brand in mind, only 20 percent will ultimately purchase that brand. This study reveals where the greatest opportunities for influence arise and how to take advantage of them.
This one sheeter showcases mobile, search, display, and video data and trends for the Office Furniture & Supplies industry. It also suggests new opportunities and helpful resources for improving your business in 2013.
Qualitative study using Google+ as the qualitative research platform and carried out in partnership with Sterling Brands. Here we talk to first-time smartphone owners. While we began with the intention of producing a purchase-cycle and data usage oriented study, a larger meta-story emerged in the process around how wireless carriers can take control of their relationship with customers, improve customer satisfaction, and minimize carrier switching.
- Key Finding 1: The relationship that consumers have with their wireless carrier is transactional, centered around monthly bills and payments that people resent for service they find less than satisfactory.
- Key Finding 2: Perceptions are affected negatively on an ongoing basis by new phone introductions, new rate plan introductions, and a lot of category "noise" that is not offset by any positive interaction or relationship with a carrier (and is often beyond a carrier's control).
- Key Finding 3: People stay with their carriers despite often significant dissatisfaction as a result of inertia, fear of uncertainty, and the prevalent belief that there are no better offers out there. It takes a lot to get consumers to switch from their existing carriers!
- Key Finding 4: Instead of trying to get consumers to switch from another carrier, it may be just as if not more worthwhile to take more control over their existing customer relationships. They can do this by creating proactive, positive engagement over the long-term to better balance perceptions, minimize churn, and increase customer satisfaction.
An efficient ROI model consists of three components: Cost per contact, percent of waste generated, and impact caused by the marketing format. Each individual media type has a different impact. TV reaches the majority of the population, but the Google Display Network has the lowest cost per/GRP: 14 times less than TV, and five times less than radio. Our study found that GDN is 7.8 times more efficient than TV in driving visits to websites among over-15s.
Light TV viewers are valuable and a significant part of your audience. In fact, they are the future. Right now, light TV viewers are not reached effectively by TV advertising but they are watching online. YouTube coupled with the Google Display Network is complementary to TV in cross media video strategy because it delivers at an effective frequency to desirable audiences that are hard to reach through TV alone.
Online search is an increasingly important part of the customer journey. In the property market, there are 9.3 million people looking to buy and 4.5m looking to rent. Customers in both markets are using search throughout their journeys, which are longer and involve more visits to sites over more sessions than ever before.
A brand manager can't be there for every single zero moment today. Marc Vanlerberghe, Android's Senior Director of Global Marketing, shares his solution in this ZMOT case study, "I spend almost 100% of my time building and arming an 'Android Army' of fans. My job as a marketer is to cultivate that group and arm them with the right facts and the right things to say on our behalf at ZMOT."
Moms are increasingly looking to online resources as her go-to for planning, shopping and cooking for that big Thanksgiving Dinner. We provide a month-by-month and then week-by-week look at search trends to help understand how moms prepare for this major holiday.