How do people from various regions around the world shop for cars? A study with Netpop found:
- 23% of established countries said the purchase trigger was when their former car was no longer functional
- 1 of 4 people in emerging countries said they wanted to buy a car because they've never owned a car before
This study provides an analysis of the interaction between search engine marketing (SEM) and TV campaigns to determine optimal combination of campaign elements in Germany.
- TV campaigns increase search volumes and clicks.
- A 'TV only' campaign fails to generate optimal brand impact.
- Brand awareness, brand image, brand relevance and recommendation benefit significantly from a best-in-class usage of SEO and SEA in combination with TV.
- TV without search even leads to beneficial effects for competitors, if they run search ads in parallel to a brand's TV campaign.
Fox collaborated with YouTube on one of the biggest entertainment launches of all time: Avatar. YouTube and MetrixLab partnered to measure how the teaser trailers performed:
- Those exposed to the trailer had a lift of +17% in top of mind awareness and +25% in spontaneous awareness
- The campaign drove a 15% increase in intent to watch the movie
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in France use search when making travel purchases.
- There are 27.9 million people in the online travel market in France.
- Purchasers spend an average of 37 days, and 39 visits before making a first purchase.
- 46% go on to make an additional purchase with 3 in 10 making purchases from multiple sites.
Ford experimented with different media mixes for their launch of the Ford Fiesta car and found:
- Search can positively impact brand metrics of a campaign
- Position and frequency of the search ad are important
- Search in combination with other media makes that media more efficient in increasing brand values
How did paid search help the U.K. food brand Flora associate its brand with family, cooking, and nutrition? This study found:
- Search is 10 times more efficient than TV in bolstering top of mind awareness.
- Sponsored search can help a value-based brand campaign resonate
- Supplementing a campaign with search can make other forms of media, like TV and radio, more efficient
YouTube can offer a big boost to offline CPG sales, according to a MetrixLab study. Key findings include:
- YouTube added significant gross reach to the cross-media campaign, and 2.6% incremental net reach
- With a ROI of 0.42, YouTube is more efficient than TV