The objective of the study was to understand the effect of marketing on IKEA's sales in Italy, with a particular focus on the synergy between online and offline media activity and the effectiveness of paid search. IKEA's sales drivers were isolated and quantified using econometrics models showing that 9.7% of total sales are influenced by controllable marketing factors. Key findings
- TV advertising has the greatest impact but paid search is the second highest marketing driver of sales.
- Paid search is more effective at driving sales than banners.
- TV and paid search work in conjunction to boost sales.
This study provides insights and data to help you understand the role of search in the Italian gambling customer journey.
- Search is an important part of the customer journey. 30% use search at anytime throughout their journey, increasing to 49% of those that sign up.
- YouTube is effective at building targeted reach.
- Searchers are 1.6 times more likely to sign up to a gambling (poker) site.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Italy research buying a new automobile online.
- The most important sources for researching a new car are dealerships, search engines and word of mouth
- Search engines are the most used and valued online source
- Online videos play an increasingly important role; over half of car buyers use them and 9 out of 10 say they have a positive impact
- Thanks to the proliferation of smartphones, mobile devices are becoming an important way for car buyers to conduct research.
The objective of this study was to demonstrate the effect of TV and YouTube campaigns on brand awareness and image. The results show that despite TV being the main driver of reach, YouTube helped build incremental reach and was more effective than TV in terms of reaching the focus target.
YouTube was more effective than TV in terms of reaching the focus target of 18-54's
A considerable part of the TV investment worked to contact the same people more than 7 times.
Better campaign effect when YouTube and TV worked together.
The objective of this study was to map the role of search in current account usage and the application process in the Italian retail banking market. The results showed that search is an important part of the customer journey.
- Search is an important part of the customer journey - 3.2m or 28% use search in their journey, increasing to 54% of those that apply for current accounts
- Although brand specific terms dominate, a sizeable minority use generic terms
Online research is becoming a critical component of home entertainment technology shoppers' decision-making. Google and Nielsen looked at home entertainment technology shoppers' search in Italy, a growing market. Key findings:
- Search is an important part of the customer journey, with over half using search at some point in their journey.
- Nearly two thirds for those that purchase, within this group showing a significantly increased use of search.
- Home entertainment technology shoppers who clicked on sponsored links were 30% more likely to buy