This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Turkey use various information sources, including the internet, when making automotive purchases.
- The most important sources for researching a new car are search engines, auto dealerships, and manufacturer websites.
- The role of online sources has grown significantly since 2010 (significant increase in the % who use the Internet at each phase of the buying process.)
- Thanks to the proliferation of smartphones, mobile devices are becoming an important way for car buyers to conduct research.
This study will help you understand how travel is booked in Turkey
- The internet is clearly the most important booking channel in the travel vertical regardless of travel product and regardless of trip length (short vs. holiday trip).
- Bookings in the travel vertical are accompanied by an in-depth research process with online sources being most frequently considered in every stage and particularly important for finding offers and supporting the decision-making.
- Online research in the travel vertical has to meet highly differentiated information needs: on average 9 topics are expected to be found on the internet.
- Search engines are the top online source for finding inspiration and interesting destinations for trips. When it comes to the trip preparing and decision research search engines serve as a navigator to relevant sources.
- Presence on search engines with a variety of relevant (generic and branded) terms enables presence in the online research process and subsequently relevance for the online purchase.
This study will help you understand more about how consumers in Turkey research and purchase retail products online.
- Search engines are the most frequently used as well as the most relevant online information source across all product categories.
- convenience is the most frequently stated reasons for buying products online.
- Online purchase is not very common among Turkish onliners: Across all categories the majority usually buy offline only.