- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
For the first time ever the majority of purchasers does online research before purchasing. The online purchase share shows limited growth for most products, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online purchase mainly grows in travel and media, however online research grows strongly and consistently across all countries and products.
- Online research grows equally strong amongst online and offline purchasers and is consistent amongst countries and products as well.
- Products of higher value show both more online research and more online purchase than lower value products.
The Global Business Map provides a country profile for 48 countries on 6 different continents. The country profiles give an overview of fundamental country facts and specific market insights. We have collected those metrics most relevant for uncovering market potential and to help you recognise business opportunities specific to your company. This guide also provides an introduction to a range of products and tools available to you at Google, which are each explained briefly to help you get acquainted with the different ways in which you can reach out and connect with your target markets.
Each country page contains the following data:
- Basic Facts: official country name, capital, area, top-level domain, official or most spoken language, local currency, age distribution and GDP in terms of purchasing power parity and rank. GDP in each country has been expressed in US Dollars.
- Demographics: Population (total, growth and country rank), a breakdown of the age distribution according to gender and age group, median age.
- Internet statistics: The Internet penetration of the population, the total number of broadband and fixed Internet subscriptions, as found by the International Telecommunications Union.
- Google Contact: The email address that you can use to get in touch with our local representatives. They will be happy to give you more insight into the statistics you can find in the pages here and connect your ideas with the appropriate Google products.
With Norway's smartphone penetration now at 54% and 65% of smartphone owners accessing the Internet every day from their device, mobile has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Google partnered with Ipsos OTX Media CT to understand how the growing adoption of smartphones has transformed consumer behavior from media consumption to commerce to connecting with the world around us. These insights can help advertisers understand how to best use smartphones to engage with their customers. Here's what we found:
- Smartphone users are multi-tasking their media with 87% using their phone while doing other things such as watching TV (62%). 81% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 82% take action a result.
- Smartphones are critical shopping tools with 71% having researched a product or service on their device. 24% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their phone.
- Mobile ads are noticed by 87% of smartphone users. Smartphones are also a critical component of traditional advertising as 56% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad. Review the full study to understand the business implications and opportunities for marketers.
This research offers unique insights into the usage of internet enabled devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.) as well as internet & broadband penetration and online behaviour per market. The enumeration survey was conducted during Q1 2012 in 40 markets, this is the overview on SEEMEA emerging & mature markets.
- Highest smartphone and tablet usage in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Among the European markets, Spain and France have the highest penetrations.
- In two thirds of the SEEMEA countries, PC penetration is higher than 66%. In half of the markets, Laptops/Notebooks are more popular than desktop pcs.
- Less than 2 thirds of the population use the Internet in 6 SEEMEA markets. Lowest usage in Egypt - with a clear distance to the other markets.
- Mobile networks are most often used to access the Internet on a smartphone followed by Wifi/WLAN at home.
- In Portugal and France Internet enabled TV are used by about one fifth of the population. eReaders are the device with the smallest penetration.
YouTube Audience Measurements
- When it comes to the YouTube users in KSA, 78% and 20% fall into the heavy users and medium users category, respectively. The average age of YouTube users is 33 years old with an average MPI of SAR 8808. In terms of online affinity YouTube users are highly engaged and digitally active – particularly regarding watching online videos, using search engines and social networks.
- Majority of those interacting with the platform are heavy users (i.e. use it using several times a day, once a day or several times a week). Almost all users of YouTube have an extremely favorable opinion about the platform in terms of brand perception as well a functionality.
- In terms of activities done on the platform, watching videos is the main feature used followed by selecting the ‘most seen’ videos. Around third of the users share videos with others or upload videos online.
- Almost half of the YouTube users remember having seen ads, with the highest recall for in-video advertising and ad banner at the top of the website. Interestingly, majority of the users have either clicked on the ad immediately or visited / searched for information post their visit to YT – thus indicating a positive impact of advertising on the platform.
- Almost half of the respondents found video ads on YouTube to be interesting, fit to YouTube, and something new that gives good information. Also, only few people considered these ads to be disrupting or annoying.
This research offers insight into the usage of internet enabled devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.) as well as internet & broadband penetration and online behaviour.