Project Sunlight is Unilever's long-term initiative to encourage consumers to live more sustainably. To help people realize the urgency of this issue, the brand developed a TrueView YouTube campaign featuring pregnant couples watching a film depicting a hopeful future. Through a command center that brought together all of its media partners, Unilever was able to gauge consumer reaction to the video in five countries and tailor responses on a real-time basis to deliver exceptional levels of engagement.
- Encourage consumers to live more sustainably
- Engage users in Unilever's long-term initiative, "Project Sunlight"
- Shot approximately 40 hours of original video footage
- Ran a YouTube Trueview campaign in five countries, targeting key audiences in each market
- Made a command center enabling media partners to create content on the fly and respond to consumer reactions in real time
- Achieved 77 million views across five countries
- Recorded 3 million website visits
- Welcomed more than 200,000 people to "Project Sunlight" as a result of the campaign
- Published in
- May 2014