This year's Big Game delivered exciting "first-time ever" moments that we're still talking about: an improbable comeback, record-setting passing yards, and overtime, among others. But the players weren't the only winners. Advertisers also made a splash with spots that ranged from funny to touching to socially relevant. And ever since the game wrapped, fans have been heading to YouTube to watch, vote for, and share their favorite ads on YouTube AdBlitz, where—in yet another first—fans voted for their favorite ads by category.
Let's start with the overall winners.
We've counted the votes and are proud to announce that Kia is the 2017 AdBlitz champion! Its spot "Hero's Journey," starring comedian Melissa McCarthy, drove away from the competition as the top ad chosen by fans.
Netflix's promo for the second season of "Stranger Things" took second place. (Shudder.)
Mr. Clean had voters swooning as the brand's iconic cleaner swept and swayed his way to third place in "Cleaner of Your Dreams."
It shouldn't be hard to guess which advertisers were fan favorites in the Automotive, Entertainment, and Home & Personal Care categories. (Hint: Scroll up!) Now let's take a look at the brands that took home top honors among the other industries featured in our first-ever YouTube AdBlitz category competition:
• Automotive: Kia - 2017 Kia Niro | "Hero's Journey" Starring Melissa McCarthy
• Entertainment: Netflix - Stranger Things 2 | Super Bowl 2017 Ad
• Food & Beverage: Budweiser - Budweiser 2017 Super Bowl Commercial | "Born the Hard Way"
• Gaming: World of Tanks - World of Tanks 2017 Super Bowl Commercial | "Real Awful Moms"
• Healthcare: Aflac - Surgery
• Home & Personal Care: Mr. Clean | New Super Bowl Ad | Cleaner of Your Dreams
• Restaurants: KFC | Georgia Gold Big Game Commercial | Colonel vs. Colonel
• Retail: 84 Lumber | 84 Lumber Super Bowl Commercial - The Journey Begins
• Tech: T-Mobile | #NSFWireless :60
• Travel & Leisure: Airbnb - We Accept | Airbnb
Congratulations to all of this year's AdBlitz winners!
To see all of this year's Big Game ads, check out YouTube AdBlitz.