A little creativity goes a long way.
Six-second bumper ads appear before or during YouTube videos and cannot be skipped. This fast-paced format is especially effective on mobile when people often watch videos on the go. Bumpers can work by themselves, in succession, or as part of a broader campaign. They can be refreshed to reduce wear-out, offer unique content, and drive memorability.
Bumpers are bursts of creativity, designed to deliver a short, succinct message. When you only have six seconds, the only thing that matters is making an impact. Everything else is invisible, so strip away the unessential to deliver a powerful hit.
Bumpers work best when they are specifically built for the six-second format. Instead of cut-downs or even cut-outs from longer ads, consider how they can bring something to the story that might normally be left out.
Some things to consider:
- Focus on one thing. Do one thing, and do it well. One joke. One feature. One price.
- Go again, and again. A series of bumpers can build out a story to even greater effect.
- Let imagination fill gaps. No need to say everything, rely on the power of suggestion.
- Create with sound. Sound is a massive driver for storytelling, and for YouTube viewers.
- Reach users. Connect to specific audiences using advanced audience insights.
- Let details shine. Bumpers are great for highlighting product features and campaign details.