With a mission to create and disseminate cultural information, Unidad Editorial is a leading multimedia group in Spain with 20 million users daily. As its titles are free, advertising is vital to the business. DoubleClick allows Unidad to manage all display and video inventory for any device, provides consolidated reporting for mobile and desktop, enables programmatic sales and provides a way to run user-friendly native ads on all screens.
- THE GOALS
- Create a strong engagement between brands and users
- Increase monetisation of mobile inventory
- Develop cross-device strategy
- THE APPROACH
- Used DoubleClick platform to manage all inventory
- Made native formats available programmatically
- Ran native ad campaigns across devices
- Leveraged consolidated reporting for mobile and desktop to optimise operations
- THE RESULTS
- 250% increase in programmatic revenue within one year
- 4X increase in mobile click-through rate with native ads
- 6X increase in desktop click-through rate with native ads
- 15% of total online revenue now comes from mobile, up from 4% last year
"The native ads are a lot more friendly to our user compared to the traditional ads, this format gets us much better results."
- Carlos Suarez Pazos, Head of mobile.