KK is a fashion and lifestyle magazine with 140 years of history. Advertising and content go hand in hand in the offline world, so KK’s publisher Aller Media wanted to replicate this in the digital world. With users increasingly consuming content on multiple screens, it was important that advertising would work across all these screens. Aller Media worked with DoubleClick to develop responsive native ad format.
- THE GOALS
- Replicate the feeling of a glossy magazine digitally, including the advertising
- Strengthen readers’ experience by ensuring that ads and content work well together across screens
- Build high impact responsive ad formats that would work for brand advertisers
- THE APPROACH
- Worked with DoubleClick to roll out responsive native ad format that worked across both desktop and mobile
- THE RESULTS
- Delivered seamless user experiences across devices
- Increased ad viewability by 67% across all devices and by 88% on mobile
- Reached full screen ad viewability of 93%
- Attracted more brand advertisers on mobile
Aller Media’s KK is a fashion and lifestyle magazine with 140 years of history. Advertising and content go hand in hand in the offline world, so Editor in Chief Giyri Helen Werp wanted to recreate this in the digital world. With users increasingly consuming their content across multiple screens, it was important that advertising would work seamlessly across all of them.
"With the new native format on mobile we managed to attract more brand advertisers."
-Kirsti Engedal Alfheim, Head of Ad Operations, Aller Media
Large, high-impact ads that work equally well on mobile, tablet and desktop allow advertisers to deliver their message without interrupting the user. By working with DoubleClick, KK achieved just that – responsive ad formats that look beautiful on any screen. This worked better for everyone: users didn’t find the ads intrusive, while AllerMedia was able to attract more brand advertisers to mobile.
Programmatic accounted for 33% of Aller Media sales revenues last year and next year is set to reach 45%. The next steps for KK’s native advertising strategy are introducing native video and increasing interactivity.