Garenta is an auto leasing enterprise owned by Çelik Motor, one of Turkey’s oldest automotive companies. Putting digital at the centre of its processes, Garenta offers both short-term and long-term car rental services to customers through online channels with the aim of making their lives easier. Long-term car rental services operate through the GarentaPRO brand, while daily rentals are handled through 19 GarentaDAY branches.
- ABOUT GARENTA
- Auto leasing enterprise
- Owned by Çelik Motor
- THE GOALS
- Increase mobile click-to-call phone calls
- Increase in-store visits from online searchers
- Increase online sales and revenue
- Reduce cost per conversion
- THE APPROACH
- Optimised AdWords campaigns with clear campaign structure
- Adopted mobile-first approach
- Made mobile bid adjustments
- Used mobile-optimised ad texts and extensions
- Placed strong emphasis on remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA) to convert returning visitors
- THE RESULTS
- 50% of website traffic and 40% of online transactions came from Google cost-per-click ads
- Nearly 30% of AdWords revenue came from remarketing campaigns
- 4% click-through rate for mobile click-to-call extensions exceeded average
- Location extension clicks emerged as a main in-store traffic driver
Due to high levels of mobile traffic, GarentaDAY prioritised mobile optimisations. This included making mobile bid adjustments and using mobile-specific ad texts and extensions. As GarentaDAY had no mobile-optimised website, the team knew it was important to encourage phone calls to produce leads from mobile users. They added call extensions to all search campaigns to drive phone leads wherever possible. They also combined location extensions with Google My Business information to redirect foot traffic into branches.
In order to capture the attention of consumers who had visited the GarentaDAY website without converting, a detailed remarketing strategy promoted special discounts to previous site visitors. GarentaDAY developed specific campaigns using remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA) based on locations and generic keywords.
"Online and offline ROI is the key metric for our business. Google AdWords is our main marketing channel which allows us to generate the quality traffic, footfall and revenue we need."
- Selvi Ece Şenol – Digital Marketing & E-commerce Executive, Garenta
With more than half of all digital traffic to GarentaDAY coming from cost-perclick advertising through Google, these strategies clearly paid off. Branch visits almost doubled thanks to location extensions, and mobile phone calls through call extensions produced a huge impact on generating leads over the phone. A 4% clickthrough rate for click-to-call extensions exceeded the previous campaigns.
"With the right AdWords strategy and ongoing optimisations, we were able to increase the online revenue by around 30%. Google AdWords emerged as the main traffic and revenue generator for GarentaDay."
- Seren Guzel, Search Engine Marketing Specialist, Kubix Digital
Meanwhile, remarketing emerged as an important revenue generator. Only the brand search campaign managed to produce more revenue, with 30% of the total coming from remarketing campaigns. Using RLSA to target the right audience with the right message and special offer generated a far higher online revenue than other search campaigns.