Consumers are constantly switching between devices to complete a task, but how does this affect your marketing? Use the new AdWords attribution reports to understand more about the search conversion path for your business.
To help advertisers measure customer paths that start on one device but convert on another, we rolled out cross-device conversions over three years ago. Using that same technology, we’re introducing three new reports in the Attribution section of AdWords to provide deeper insight into device usage along the full search conversion path.
- Devices: See how much cross-device activity is happening in your AdWords account
- Assisting Devices: Inform your device bid adjustments by learning how often different devices assisted conversions on other devices
- Device Paths: Examine the top conversion paths for your customers using two or more devices
Advertisers in many industries around the world have already seen the impact of cross-device activity on last-click conversions.
There are two main ways to take action on these new cross-device insights:
- Select a different attribution model beyond last click. You can select one of six different attribution models for each of your conversion types: last click, first click, linear, time decay, position-based, or data-driven. When you pick a new model, credit will be reassigned across the conversion path and your conversion stats will change moving forward. These attribution models apply to your search ads and take cross-device behavior into account. Check out our recent best practices guide for additional information.
- Update your device bid adjustments. The new Assisting Devices report can tell you how many conversions were assisted by clicks or impressions from different devices. The Mobile Assist Ratio shows how many conversions were assisted by mobile devices compared to the number of final conversions on mobile devices. For example, if your Mobile Assist Ratio for a campaign is 3.72, that means that for every conversion on a mobile device, 3.72 conversions on other devices were assisted by mobile devices. With this information, you can update your mobile bid adjustments.
In the coming weeks, you'll find the new reports in Attribution under the Tools tab. We hope these new reports and benchmarks will help you measure the moments that matter on any device.