- Luxury retailer Reebonz set out to discover how their digital ad spend was influencing users who convert across devices (mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Set up Analytics 360 to connect data across devices from Reebonz’ logged in users, which provided a single view of their customers
- When mobile web was part of the purchase path, cross device reports showed that conversions improved up to 2.8x
- Optimised Search Ads 3601 bidding strategy using cross-device signals, leading to 55% increase in ROAS and 20% lift in transactions originating from paid search.
Does mobile sell more McQueen? That was a key question for Reebonz, a luxury marketplace for Alexander McQueen shoes, Balenciaga bags and everything in between. Founded in 2009 to make luxury accessible to consumers, Reebonz reaches fashion-savvy buyers and sellers across Asia Pacific, Australia and Singapore.
Like many sophisticated advertisers, Reebonz works with many partners to leverage best-in-class capabilities across insights and execution. Sparkline set up Analytics 360 to connect data across devices from Reebonz’ logged in users, allowing Reebonz to gain a single view of their customers using the User ID override feature. This allows Reebonz to review and analyze the full customer journey directly in Google Analytics 360. This recommended new setup revealed exciting insights: when mobile web was part of the purchase path, cross device reports showed that conversions improved up to 2.8 times.
To act on this untapped opportunity in mobile, Reebonz approached Performics, their media agency partner. Performics enabled cross-environment conversions in Reebonz’ Search Ads 360 bidding strategies. The process was a simple as ticking a box, but produced high returns. The cross environment signals led to a 55.4% increase in ROAS and 20% increase in transactions originating from paid search. Using Search Ads 360 to focus on their cross-device customers, Reebonz could value their existing activity more accurately and increase their cross-environment conversions on Google.
This powerful combination of insights from Google Analytics 360 and Search Ads 360 capabilities had a large impact on Reebonz’ business, as Reebonz Co-Founder notes:
Users have multiple ways of engaging with Reebonz to sell and buy products. Understanding how our advertising can best target users working across devices is an important step in Reebonz’ marketing strategy. Our work with Google, Sparkline and Performics helped us understand this shift and act on it.
- Benjamin Han, Co-founder, Reebonz
The answer, in short: mobile does sell more McQueen — and more Ferragamo, Prada and Jimmy Choo.