Indonesian-based startup, GO-JEK wanted to promote its app, so they turned to Google for help.The result? A winning strategy that helped find the right audience across the suite of Google products.
- Increase volumes of app downloads
- Keep cost of downloads as low as possible
- Developed a tailored approach to promoting apps across Search, apps, and video
- Switched to Universal App Campaigns
- GO-JEK were able to reach millions of people across Google Search, Google Play, the Google Display Network, YouTube, and AdMob
- Massive app download volume at the target cost per download
After launching their app in 2015, GO-JEK wanted to promote it to a relevant audience. They settled on Universal App Campaigns, an automated approach to serving ads that applies Google smarts to the knotty problem of when and where to show an app promotion ad. Michaelangelo Moran, GO-JEK Chief Brand Director, describes the results:
"GO-JEK's massive app download volume has been accelerated with the help of Google’s Universal App Campaigns. Throughout 2015, we were able to reach millions of people by using channels across Google Search, Google Play, the Google Display Network, YouTube, and AdMob."