You are reading part 1 of the 5-part retail guide. Jump to Capture brand awareness and consideration during moments of discovery, Stand out online to maximise your profits, Expand omnichannel sales, or Engage shoppers throughout holiday peaks.
Today’s shoppers think differently about their purchases. They’re more careful and willing to move away from brands and experiences they’ve relied on in the past. Here, we break down exactly how consumer-behaviour habits have changed, and why Google remains an important factor in the shopping journey.
- 81% of consumers in Poland say they’re being more thoughtful about what they spend their money on and 71% are being more thoughtful about where they shop.1
- On average, 73% of consumers say they are willing to continue buying from companies that increase their prices if they feel valued as a customer.2
- Across surveyed markets, 53% of consumers say they are more likely to buy for durability versus affordable products that may need to be replaced more frequently.3
- According to Talk Shoppe, in the countries surveyed, 76% agree YouTube enhances the traditional shopping journey by delivering unexpected inspiration.7
- Across surveyed countries, over 40% of shoppers go to Google when researching a purchase they plan to make in store OR online.8
- When asked if they had used Google Maps over the last two days, almost a third of holiday shoppers across surveyed markets says they used it to help with their shopping.9