Encompassing more than 15 apps for Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry, Runtastic is a digital fitness community that launched five years ago in Austria. To improve user experience and product reliability, the company grasped the importance of managing all advertising from a single platform. Runtastic turned to Google products to monetise the portfolio, gain massive reach and simplify procedures to free up capacity for strategic priorities.
- Selected DoubleClick for Publishers as the single platform for all apps, including both iOS and Android
- Integrated DoubleClick for Publishers into one app first, then rapidly scaled to all other apps
- Reinvested revenues from advertising into app promotion to further drive reach and international coverage
- Improve app stability and user experience
- Effectively monetise apps across different platforms
- Increase reach and grow new audiences
- Improved app stability
- Seamlessly integrated more than 15 apps on both iOS and Android in just three months
- Grew revenue by 200% in 2014
- Produced significant time savings, particularly for the development team
I don't think our success over the last five years would have been possible without a partner like Google; it's one of our main channels for gaining reach and monetizing, and it's part of our medium and long-term strategies.
- Florian Gschwandtner, CEO and Co-founder, Runtastic