To celebrate the UK release of <i>Kingsman: The Secret Service</i>, Google partnered with MR PORTER and 20th Century Fox to create an in-cinema experience which combined the excitement of the film with the prestige of a luxury fashion brand, inviting audiences to 'Become a Kingsman' exclusively on Google+. The campaign employed the full range of Google products and services for an integrated approach which over-achieved in all metrics of success.
- MR PORTER used a combination of digital media and content assets to drive awareness and performance. An in-cinema experience created a powerful brand marketing opportunity, shared across social media.
- Create awareness for the UK film release
- Drive innovation in online and offline retail marketing
- Increase sales of the new fashion line
- GDN impressions: 28.2M, reaching in excess of 10.4 M unique users
- YouTube views of 400,000, view rate of 18% vs benchmark (15%), £0.04 Cost Per View vs benchmark (£0.07- £0.11)
- More than 1,000 visitors participated in the cinema kiosk, the installation was seen by more than 100,000 UK cinema-goers
The campaign was the first of its kind to encompass the full spectrum of Google marketing products with Google+ at the heart of the campaign, optimised to be:
Fully integrated across ad formats. Mr Porter executed a brand-led campaign, utilising rich formats including Lightbox Engagement and +Post ads to deliver a "best in class" online branding campaign, across Google platforms, achieving targeted scale.
Device-agnostic. The campaign was available on all platforms and devices offering a fantastic mobile as well as desktop experience.
City-level targeting. Mr Porter utilised City Level targeting in the US to ensure an efficient and targeted reach in core markets.
By partnering with 20th Century Fox and Google we have not only been able to launch a world first in fashion and film we are also offering viewers an opportunity to be part of the film and collection experience in a fun and interactive way.
The whole campaign was actively promoted across platforms via Search, Engagement Ads and YouTube Trueview Ads also featuring Info Cards.
"By partnering with 20th Century Fox and Google we have not only been able to launch a world first in fashion and film _ we are also offering viewers an opportunity to be part of the film and collection experience in a fun and interactive way," MR PORTER Managing Director Ian Tansley said.