To help you effectively navigate and leverage audience insights in your campaigns, we've developed a 3-step framework for success: Gather, Target, Engage. The whitepaper below captures the steps in more detail, along with case studies of advertisers who have applied them to their campaigns.
There are 3 simple steps one can take:
1. Gather insights that matter:
This step is about identifying relevant signals to leverage in your campaigns, which is essential for developing insights on who the audience is, what context they are in, as well as what their interests may be. Here are some examples of the types of signals you can identify:
Who: The user's relationship with you, including whether they have previously visited your site or made a purchase.
What: Time, location and device used
Interests: Interests in specific categories based on consumed content
2. Target based on discovered insights:
The next step is to combine these signals, and based on them, create segments you can target. Below are examples of segments you can create if you were selling laptops:
- "Close to store", based on device and location signals.
- "Android users" may be more inclined to purchase a Chromebook.
- "Interested in bags": If a user has bought a laptop through your website, he might now need a laptop case rather than a laptop.
3. Engage your audience with a tailored ad:
This final step is about delivering your audience a tailored message. Messaging can be optimized for each segment with A/B testing. By measuring results post-engagement, you can reassess if there are new signals to gather, ultimately coming back to the first step in the cycle.
You can find out more, by reading the whitepaper below.