Here’s what the UK’s loving on YouTube this week.
1. This week, it’s all about the one and only Oprah. With her impassioned and eloquent call for equality, Oprah Winfrey’s acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Award (and also as the first black woman to receive it) blew the socks off the Golden Globes crowd AND YouTube. Her rallying cry of #TimesUp has gone viral and prompted a call for Winfrey to run for president in 2020. A potential POTUS with the mostest? Watch this space.
2. Two more Hollywood hotshots show off their talents on YouTube Original favourite, The Ellen Show. See Meryl Streep do her ultimate Forrest Gump impression, while Tom Hanks channels Streep’s waspy Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada. Oscar-worthy stuff.
3. Right, hands up if you’ve got ‘back to work’ January blues? We feel ya. GUARANTEE: THIS VIDEO WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER. Watch BBC News reporter Alex Dunlop get mobbed by lemurs while trying to report at Banham Zoo in Norfolk. You’re welcome.
4. 90’s throwback, anyone? Yaasss. Say hey to a collaboration that dreams are made of: Bruno Mars and Cardi B get together to showcase their finest ‘Finesse’ in their latest music video – attracting over 50M views in one week. Think ‘Fresh Prince meets 24k Magic’. If you can.
5. And if that hasn’t got you set for the weekend, what will? How about a good old ABBA classic? Returning to our screens in summer 2018, Mamma Mia 2 aims to fill us with a good sing-song, laughter and love. Here we go again... my, my... we can-definitely-not resist you.
Creator Spotlight Louis’ Biggest Adventure
One to watch: FunForLouis
Travelling on your agenda for 2018? This guy's got something right. Let us introduce you to Louis Cole, one of the UK’s top travel vloggers. He teamed up with long-time buddy and pilot, JP Shulze, to embark on an envy-inducing journey to 'celebrate global diversity’. From Australia to Austria, Iceland to India – they have visited 22 countries in 90 days – and captured some pretty mega moments. The best part is? You can watch it all on his channel and get a sneak peek into his ‘Beyond Borders’ documentary launching later this year.
Want to know more or interested in collaborating with FunforLouis? It's your lucky day. Get in touch here.