Here’s what the UK’s loving on YouTube this week.
1. The WIRED have served up many of these beauties – the ‘Autocomplete Interview’ – and this one is a particular goody. Stranger Things’ stars Gaten Matarazzo and Joe Keery answer Google's most searched questions about the show and themselves. Ever tried this at home? A great party game for all to enjoy this Christmas. Watch at 3:13 when Joe Keery loses it – even the grumpiest bah humbug could not resist a chuckle at this.
2. Whilst Joe Keery picks himself off the floor from lols, we catch up on the Avengers: Infinity War trailer. Reported as one of the most viewed movie trailers in 24hrs (and hitting 88M views on YouTube in just one week), we’ve made a note in our diary for its release in May 2018 – and we may ask Santa if we can become superheroes too.
3. An Advent Calendar with a difference. A little racy, controversial, a ‘Marmite effect’ campaign which has got people talking – Love Magazine’s #LOVEADVENT2017. With a stellar line-up of leading ladies, their #STAYSTRONG series is an ‘online celebration of womanhood’. In this video, Kendall Jenner channels Rocky Balboa.
4. Now to cool us down a bit, let’s make snow angels with Ed Sheeran. We’re a sucker for a love song, especially at Christmas, and his latest single ‘Perfect’ is every inch of perfection. Tug at the heartstrings lyrics, scenic views, so much love and romance... pass us the mistletoe. We can always count on Ed for a Christmas cracker.
5. Just as we’re about to reveal the Christmas #1 for the YouTube UK Ads Leaderboard 2017 – we’re excited to see that the #1 winner’s soundtrack ‘Golden Slumbers’ by Elbow (original by The Beatles) has received a lot of love too. One viewer commented: ‘All you need at Christmas is a bit of Elbow’ – we’re inclined to agree.
The elves have counted and the results are in. Here's the nation's favourite and the most watched ads on YouTube UK in the month of November. Spoiler alert: The Christmas #1 involves a big furry guy called Moz and a little guy called Joe. See the top 10 here.
Right, now you’ve seen the Leaderboard, how is your Christmas ads knowledge? We would love to put you to the test. Play our first ever UK Deja:View trivia game. Log-in with Google to see your name on the scoreboard and challenge your peers, friends, colleagues or Bob down the coffee shop. Oooh competitive.
Go Britannia: We are delighted to share that three UK brands and their agencies have been shortlisted for The Webbys YouTube Ad of the Year global awards. Get in. Show some Christmas spirit and support, and place your votes now. #TheYouTubeAd