Here’s what the UK’s loving on YouTube this week.
1. Crown goals: The Monarch with the mostest takes the top spot this week. Viewers gather to get a sneak peek of the BBC’s documentary ‘The Coronation’ to mark the moment Her Maj ascended the throne in 1953. She currently holds the longest reign of any British monarch and at 91 shows no sign of retiring. Watch this little gem and catch the whole episode on the BBC’s YouTube channel – whilst devouring a lovely pot of tea, of course.
2. From one queen to another. Pop queen Taylor Swift hits up London Town, in the company of Ed Sheeran, in her latest music video ‘End Game’. Not sure what we love most about this one... the song, the lyrics, the collaboration or that Tay Tay shares a love for kebabs and public transport.
3. Meanwhile, Dua Lipa drops her next single. After being discovered on YouTube, Dua's first album has just been crowned 2017’s ‘biggest debut for a female artist’ according to the official UK charts. Bonus point: This video took 22hrs to shoot while you can enjoy it in under 4mins. We’re all winners.
4. Much like us at YouTube, you've probably been anxiously waiting for the moment when it’s socially acceptable to DRINK gravy. So, when KFC launched this delicious beaut (courtesy of creative agency, Mother) on YouTube this week, we could barely contain our excitement. Who’s having a ‘Gravy Mary’ this weekend? What a time to be alive.
5. Right now, it’s all about Men’s Fashion Week and D&G’s stunning ‘King’s Angels’ Fall-Winter 2018/19 show has been hot on the watch list. Whether it’s down to the vibrant hues, floral tones or the array of celebrity offspring strutting their stuff on the catwalk (P Diddy’s, Pamela Anderson’s and Jude Law‘s to name but a few) – we’ll let you watch and decide.
One to watch: English with Lucy
15 Secrets to Confidence #BeBoldForChange
Meet Lucy Earl. With a passion for punctuation and pronunciation (try saying that quickly), and a dream to teach the world 'beautiful British English' (we’re sure HRH will approve) – Lucy started her YouTube channel. From '10 ways to say you're EXCITED' (Friday feels), '12 brands you pronounce incorrectly' (awks) and a 'pronunciation course' (sign us up) in the making – she's an A* star hit. Lucy's also a huge advocate for self-empowerment; check out this video where she chats with esteemed TEDx talker Caroline Goyder about confidence-boosting wins.
Want to know more or interested in collaborating with English with Lucy? Get in touch here.
An Advertiser Update on YouTube Monetisation from Paul Muret, VP, Display, Video & Analytics
There’s no denying 2017 was a difficult year, with several issues affecting our community and our advertising partners. This week, we announced a new, rigorous approach to monetisation to curb bad actors, stabilise creator revenue and provide greater assurances to advertisers around where their ads are placed. Learn more about our three changes here.