Virgin Money launched a compelling call out video promoting two innovative Google+ HOA (Hangouts On Air) events. During this process, 5 finalists pitched their sustainable business ideas to a distinguished list of jury panelists.
- Used Google+ and social platforms
- Set up bespoke Twitter and facebook campaign to promote the HOA
- Added feature on Virgin's blog page where the HOA was also embedded
- Increase brand awareness for Virgin Money's sustainability initiatives
- Showcase innovation in technology
- #BeTheStart trended on Twitter and Google+
- Richard Branson joined in by adding posts and tweets
- Video created with highlights
- One of the finalists, Misfits, produced a blog detailing lessons learned
The campaign featured two video HOA - The Pitch and The Results, where the 5 finalists pitched their sustainable business ideas. The distinguished jury panel who selected the winner included IBM, Virgin, StartUK, Business in the Community, Marks&Spencer and B&Q.
All five finalists (Misfits, Give Me Tap, The Donation, The Edible Bus Stop, Project Beeswax) as well as the sponsor Start UK, a non-profit organisation committed to transforming businesses and communities, created a G+ page for their business. They then linked it to their site, added the G+ badge, claimed their custom URL and promoted the initiative across all owned and 3rd party channels. The lucky winner Edwin Broni-Mensah, received 10K to help start up his sustainable business Give Me Tap and he also enjoyed a feature in The Metro newspaper.
Visit Virgin Money's Google+ page
Watch the #BeTheStart Highlights
See Misfits Lessons Learnt blog entry